Good morning to the last day of 2016! Boy has it been a rough year for the queer community! I don’t know about anyone else but in 2017 I’m certainly going to try and do them, and more importantly, myself, proud. If any of you are struggling just know that I, a complete stranger on the internet, am rooting for you!!!
Because it’s the dawn of a new year I decided to do something a little different to a regular review post this week so, here they are, in no particular order, my top 10 books of 2016!
It was so much harder than I thought because after a bit of a lull period I have read a veritable treasure trove of wonderful books this year. I also had to cull anything that was a reread because otherwise this would have to be a top 20! You’ll notice I also had to separate books and comics from movies and video games (which I didn’t see/play enough of to make a top 10 unfortunately).
Asterisks denote lesbians.
– Hunters & Collectors by Matt Suddain
– House at the End of Hope Street* by Menna Van Praag
– Tipping the Velvet* by Sarah Waters
– The Girl with all the Gifts by M.R. Carey
– My Best Friends Exorcism by Grady Hendrix
– Ready Player One* by Ernest Cline
– Insexts* by Marguerite Bennett and Ariela Kristantina
– Romancing the Inventor* by Gail Carriger
– You Know Me Well* by Nina LaCour and David Levithan
– The Diviners* by Libba Bray